Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tertulia Moderna

Tertulia: A term from Spain for a group of friends who gather regularly to discuss issues of interest to the group, often cultural or literary topics.

Moderna: In Spain these gatherings were typically held in cafes; with busy lives making it difficult to actually gather very often in a cafe this is a 'modern tertulia', gathering us together on the web.

I plan to post reviews of books I've read, and comments on the news of the day, not so much for you to learn what I think, but hopefully to start a conversation that will help us all learn more about the world around us.

One warning: being new to this, the layout and format of the site will probably be pretty fluid for a while as I learn how to use the various features available.  I'll try to minimize the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment